Tried and tested 8 Super foods that will improve your metabolism, clear pimples and help you lose weight.
What is Metabolism?
According to the Cambridge Dictionary, Metabolism is the chemical process in your body that causes food to be used for energy and grow.
To me, metabolism is the rate (Speed/time) at which my body turns the food that I eat into energy.
If you didn’t have your breakfast this morning because you were not hungry and you are planning to skip lunch because you still feel full, this is a clear sign that your metabolism is wrecked. Now, why is your metabolism wrecked?
These could be the reasons:
1. Insomnia & Bad sleep cycle
3. Hormonal imbalance (because of stress)
7. Poor nutrition
10. Physical Inactivity
12. Disturbed Bio-clock
Low metabolism mainly leads to obesity, mood swings, sudden craving for junk food, fluctuating appetite, sleeplessness and many other complications.
These 8 superfoods will help you improve your metabolism within 2 days (Tried and tested).
1. Lemon juice – Drinking a glass of lemon water with honey(Only if you’re not diabetic) regularly boosts your metabolism. Especially when you consume it on an empty stomach. I know this is oversaid, but it works!
2. Black pepper – Adding a pinch of powdered black pepper to your juices or food can drastically improve your metabolism. Also, it helps to cure cold and sore throat.
3. Ginger – Indians eat a lot of carbs in the form of Idly, Dosa and Rice. In order to make it easier for the body to digest it, we always serve high carb foods with Ginger chutney. Looks like everything that our ancestors did had a scientific reason 😋
4. Garlic – Garlic is like Gingers best friend 😂 Where ever there is ginger, we add Garlic. Garlic (and Ginger) help in boosting the metabolism speed, detoxifying the body and reducing aging and well.There are a lot of beauty products containing ginger and garlic in minute quantities.
5. Green Tea – Oversaid because it really works. Green tea contains antioxidants called “Catechins” which contains a catechin called EGCG (Epigallocatechin gallate) a substance that boosts metabolism.
6. Cinnamon – One of the prominent spices available in any Indian house. Powdered cinnamon with lemon juice or fruits can help in boosting your metabolism as it is in rich in antioxidants. It’s not super ingredient like the others in this list but it definitely works.
7 and 8. Amla (Indian gooseberry) Juice and Aloe Vera juice – These are definitely super drinks to me. They help in digestion, increase appetite, treats skin infections and acne from the inside with And reduce constipation. They work just like lemon juice but are more effective. I buy these juices at Apollo pharmacy or Patanjali Stores. However, they are available in most of the supermarkets easily. I sometimes prepare Aloe Vera juice on my own.
Rush into your kitchen immediately, find and eat them. See how consuming these foods will change your life forever. I’ve tried them personally and definitely they work. I blog only about things I’ve tried and tested.
Stay natural and healthy.